Reports to: Senior Director, Product Management
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We have embarked on a path to build a leading company in the solar industry. As a Technical Writer and Documentation Manager, you will help to manage and create the full range of product documentation from product marketing materials (roadmaps and white paper), to product data sheets, installation manuals, operating manuals, handling guides and technical bulletins. You will join a team of talented engineers and writers who work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, product managers, and usability experts to make our products easier to use.
- Work with internal functions and teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for the intended audience of engineers and construction teams
- Create and maintain the information architecture which supports our product portfolio across the full lifecycle, from forward-looking product roadmaps to datasheets for released products
- Write easy-to-understand instructions to help with the product usage and installation
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Proven working experience in technical writing of hardware documentation in a technical field
- Experience in building and supporting the documentation infrastructure for a range of products
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field preferred W
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave