Location: Chennai, India
Reports to: Director, Control Systems
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
FTC solar is expanding its engineering strength to cater the ever-growing market interests in FTC’s tracker products. As our market expands and as our customer base increases, we strive to achieve customer expectations by engineering state-of-the art Solar Tracker products. FTC needs enthusiastic Embedded Systems Engineers to work with Solar Tracker Controllers Team in collaboration with cross functional teams. This position is based at Chennai, India.
- Design and detail of Solar Trackers
- 3D modelling & Finite Element Analysis – Solidworks or Similar
- 3D animation of Mechanical Systems
- Adherence to specifications and standards
- Motion studies
- Stack-up Tolerance studies
- Design for manufacturing
- Manufacturing Process definitions and control
- Preparation of design documents
- Working with Independent Engineers for approvals
- Write quality requirement documents
- Preparing finishing schedule
- Drive proto typing & field installation
- Bachelor of Engineering – Mechanical or Equivalent/higher with 5 or more years of experience in Mechanical Design Engineering of Solar Tracker Systems or Industrial Systems. Experience in heavy engineering Mechanical Systems can apply.
- Expertise in using 3D modelling Softwares – Solidworks is preferred. • Expertise in 3D Animation of Mechanical Systems
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave