Location: Bengaluru, India
Reports to: Product Validation Manager
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
As an automation engineer with FTC Solar, you will be responsible for designing and automatingtests in a start-up environment. You have a passion for coding, testing, development, and design and keep up to date with the constantly changing technology industry. You will need to have strong problem-solving skills, and able to use those skills in a fast-paced team environment. You should be able to work independently, and be goal oriented with a focus on results.
- Designing & developing automated tests.
- Setting up tools and infrastructure required for automating test cases.
- Create automated test cases and achieve near 100% code coverage.
- Setting up complete DevOps pipeline, maintaining it and owning all the related tasks.
- Support the team with build and deployment of applications and their updates.
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure efficient testing, build and deployment.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Automation Testing as an SDET and/or Dev Ops.
- Candidate should have good experience in development as well as should be working currently as an SDET.
- Extensive experience with containerization.
- Experience using GIT source code control.
- Exposure to tools like PyTest, testng, Selenium, Webdriver, Postman, SQL, Rest Assured, Appium, Travis CI, J meter etc.
- Experience with Python since most of our product is developed using that platform.
- Hands on experience in Back-end API test automation and related frameworks.
- Hands on experience in Front-end Web and Mobile App test automation.
- Experience with Mobile Application and API testing.
- Proficient with Test Management tools like JIRA.
- Self-motivated to discover, learn and suggest tools/ libraries.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private medical insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave