Location: Chennai, India
Reports to: Director, Control Systems
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
FTC solar is expanding its engineering strength to cater the ever-growing market interests in FTC’s tracker products. As our market expands and as our customer base increases, we strive to achieve customer expectations by engineering state-of-the art Solar Tracker products. FTC needs enthusiastic Embedded Systems Engineers to work with Solar Tracker Controllers Team in collaboration with cross functional teams. This position is based at Chennai, India.
- Quick prototyping of solar trackers
- Liaising with manufacturers & suppliers for prototyping
- Quick sourcing of materials required for solar tracker prototypes
- Inspection and verification at manufacturing of Mechanical Parts
- Storekeeping items at R&D center
- Build protypes at R&D center
- Design for Manufacturing studies
- Material requirement forecasting and inventory management
- Maintaining tools and tackles
- Manufacturing Process definitions and control
- Write quality requirement documents
- Drive proto typing & field installation
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent/higher with 6 or more years of experience in Mechanical Design Engineering of Solar Tracker Systems or Industrial Systems. Experience in heavy engineering Mechanical Systems can apply.
- Experience in large manufacturing facilities & systems
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave