Location: Chennai, India
Reports to: Director, Control Systems
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
FTC solar is expanding its engineering strength to cater the ever-growing market interests in FTC’s tracker products. As our market expands and as our customer base increases, we strive to achieve customer expectations by engineering state-of-the art Solar Tracker products. FTC needs enthusiastic Embedded Systems Engineers to work with Solar Tracker Controllers Team in collaboration with cross functional teams. This position is based at Chennai, India.
- Structural calculation for Solar Tracker Structures
- Assessment of actions
- Structural design
- Adherence to global standards and specification
- 3D modelling for structural analysis and design
- Design documentation
- Serviceability and stability checks
- Analysis of tracker structures for dynamic loads
- Connection design and calculation reports
- Proof checking design calculations and drawings
- Bachelor’s degree in civil/Structural Engineering or Equivalent/higher with 5 or more years of experience in Structural Design Engineering of Solar Tracker Systems or Industrial structures.
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary engineering setup.
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave