Location: Chennai, India
Reports to: Director, Control Systems
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
FTC solar is expanding its engineering strength to cater the ever-growing market interests in FTC’s tracker products. As our market expands and as our customer base increases, we strive to achieve customer expectations by engineering state-of-the art Solar Tracker products. FTC needs enthusiastic Embedded Systems Engineers to work with Solar Tracker Controllers Team in collaboration with cross functional teams. This position is based at Chennai, India.
- Review schematics and suggest requisite provisions
- Design firmware solutions for Solar Tracker controllers and the like
- Design detailed firmware development plan
- Develop/test firmware for embedded systems
- Design documentation
- Create instructional technical manuscripts for firmware operations
- Code review and troubleshoot existing firmware
- Collaborate with Software team for upstream development
- Firmware maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in EEE/ECE or Equivalent/higher with 5 or more years of experience in Firmware development for embedded systems.
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave