Location: North America
Reports to: Senior Director, Sales
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
FTC Solar is looking for a dynamic Strategic Accounts senior professional to join our growing commercial team. This position will be responsible for developing and running our partnership program with the solar industry’s largest and most important accounts, with a focus on North America.
This individual will be a senior member of the team and will have a deep understanding of the solar industry, what drives technology decision making, and the value proposition of single axis trackers. Additionally, they will bring a history of working with, or inside of, large project developers, asset owners, and IPPs, demonstrating an advanced knowledge of their business models and influencing factors.
The objective of this role is clear – build a structure and team capable of developing value-oriented partnerships with the industry’s largest players, resulting in long-term structured technology deals in line with FTC’s strategic goals.
- Build and develop key strategic relationships with identified decision makers at multiple levels within partner organization, becoming a trusted strategic advisor and leveraging this network to understand the key business strategies, initiatives and critical success factors of the partner
- Establish a clear understanding of the macro and micro-environments in which partner operates and a deep, critical understanding of the competitor landscape relating to the partner
- Use these insights to identify strategic opportunities and solutions benefitting partner in respect to FTC capabilities, then effectively communicate the value proposition and benefits of identified solutions
- With divisional and executive support, collaborate, inspire, and drive existing cross-fictional resources working with the target account
- Act as the partner advocate internally and communicate the voice of the partner directly back to key stakeholders within FTC, driving alignment on pain points
- Inspire and participate in initiatives that drive improvements in key partner metrics such as on time delivery and quality performance
- Act a primary point of contact for all strategic engagement with the partner to ensure a seamless interface between the client and FTC, ensuring the right governance and resources are in place to enable responsive, clear and informative communications
- Be accountable for the full audit of the client account information with CRM (Salesforce) to ensure up-to-date real time data and metrics are available for ongoing review, agreement, and decision making across FTC
- Structuring of long-term technology commercial deals with partner account to achieve organization strategic objectives
- 10+ years of relevant work experience managing strategic accounts, initiatives, and teams
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the utility-scale solar & renewables industry, with experience selling into or working within developers, asset owners, and IPPs
- Direct experience in structuring and negotiating commercial deals of >$10MM USD
- Must possess senior level business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skill
- Ability to collect, analyze and condense complex data or situation trends, issues, and opportunities into actions, responses, and reporting to executive leadership team
- Experience in navigating complex hierarchies and complicated internal relationships at large energy companies
- Proactive and passionate – independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Strong writing, organizational, and communication abilities, skillfully crafting nuanced message to targeted audiences
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401(k) with a company match and much more
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.