Reports to: Senior Director, Product Management
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We have embarked on a path to build a leading company in the solar industry and, within that, a world-class Product Management organization. As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for helping to develop and implement FTC’s product roadmap. In managing your portfolio of products, you will have a deep understanding of the value proposition of FTC’s single axis solar tracker and use that understanding and design to value principles to the roadmap for features and specs that should be made on your products. In this highly cross-functional role, you will work with sales to identify and prioritize customer needs, R&D to understand what is possible, Operations and category managers to implement state of the art product cost and procurement strategies.
To be successful in this role, you will bring value as a well-respected leader with strong analytical ability, business acumen and effective organizational and people management skills, and be ready to work in a fast growth environment. You meet deadlines and deliverables, while being a selfstarter who is engaged and actively participating in all facets of the business. Success in this role will require very strong analytical skills and include heavy collaboration with organizations including sales, operations and engineering to launch successful products.
You must be well versed in industry practices and have a proven track record of leveraging analytical tools to successfully managing complex global products and product portfolios. This role requires bringing a depth of knowledge in:
- Leveraging analytical tools to uncover trends and insights
- Building analytical models to help drive decisions and gain organizational alignment
- Technical product deep-dives and competitive assessments
- Market-back customer-focused multi-year portfolio planning
- New offering development and value proposition creation
- Voice-of-Customer capture and translation into production
- NPI stage gate processes
- Operational efficiencies in the development of products
- Pricing strategy
- End-of-life effective management
- Managing Global P&L’s
- Develop innovative product and growth opportunities that leverage technology trends, market trends and integrated solutions.
- Identify opportunities through the use of data visualization and analytical models
- Manage and drive products through the formal NPI Stage Gate process to successfully launch into the market
- Develop robust, market and customer focused roadmaps
- Create business plans that include market opportunity, value propositions, competitive assessments, product/offering requirements (cost and price targets, focus development partners/customers, market and customer segmentation, timing, etc.)
- Manage the portfolio lifecycle, including VAVE / design-to-value activities, and End-of-Life strategies
- Active management of the gross margin of the category
- 5+ years experience in Product Analytics or Product Management in a global organization
- Proven success in leading, planning and implementing successful product line programs.
- Expertise in full product life cycle management including launch and End-of-Life
- Proven analytical, commercial and financial skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading teams across matrixed organizations
- A flexible and open mindset with evidence of strategic thinking, creativity and vision in driving growth.
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and possessing a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, presentation, time management and organization skills.
- Highly customer-focused and able to manage conflicting priorities
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical field of study. MBA highly desirable
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave