Location: Chennai, India
Reports to: Senior Director of Product (North America)
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
FTC Solar is looking for an NPI (New Product Introduction) Program Manager to be responsible for organizing NPI programs and activities within FTC’s Product Management team. The NPI Program Manager’s primary responsibilities include leading, managing, and developing programs, ensuring the success of our NPI and Continuous Product Improvement (CPI) projects reach or exceed our financial and operational goals. You will work closely with Product Management, R&D, Supply Chain, Quality & Reliability, and Product Marketing teams.
FTC Solar’s Product and R&D teams have a diverse array of talents and responsibilities. You will be working with a dynamic, highly motivated, global team that includes software, electro-mechanical, hardware, structural, controls, and systems engineering disciplines.
- Develops, defines, and executes project plans, schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, and defines and assigns major project roles.
- Monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with internal customers or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
- Coordinating efforts leading to product release by managing and driving products through the formal NPI Stage-Gate process to successfully launch into the market.
- Organize programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization and manage long-term goals.
- Develop, inspire, and provide regular coaching and feedback to the functional teams to ensure the success of their projects.
- Utilize project tools and resources to track and monitor progress and assist in risk mitigation of any obstacles or roadblocks. Smartsheets experience is a plus.
- Maintain an effective program management process that manages changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Continuously seek to improve our quality of service of program management and product development lifecycle processes. Assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure efficient project execution and be proactive in suggesting methods to continuously improve the process.
- Lead regular project-related meetings with the global Product Teams and be able to summarize these activities to the rest of the organization.
- Work closely with Product and R&D leadership and project Stakeholders from various departments to ensure full transparency of project status.
- Drive strong and continuously improving financial performance and product cost reduction activities.
- Hands-on mentality that can actively get involved, interact, and collaborate on a struggling project to help get it back on track.
- Be a role model of operational excellence for your team and exemplify and reinforce standards and behaviors consistent with FTC Solar’s core values and culture.
- Communicate essential information in a clear and timely manner, maintaining confidentiality when appropriate
- BS or BA in the Engineering, Technology, or Renewable Energy Discipline; or the equivalent knowledge and experience.
- 5+ years of project and program management experience with knowledge of project management principles.
- Experience in the Solar industry.
- Continuous demonstrated ability to lead and provide excellent customer service.
- Proven and ongoing ability to drive programs/Stage-Gate processes.
- Experience coaching, training, developing, and motivating others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable success in working with highly experienced, global Cross-Functional Teams.
- Effective time management and delegation skills.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively problem solve, using sound judgment.
- Competency with MS Office and familiarity with Smartsheets a plus.
- Performance that consistently demonstrates FTC Solar’s vision, mission, and values.
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Private medical insurance
- Life Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
*Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet 100% of the listed requirements. At FTC Solar, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.