Location: Austin, TX (or alternate US based remote location)
Reports to: VP of Quality, Safety, & ESG
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
As the Director of Quality, you will be developing, leading, and continually improving comprehensive global quality with respect to customer quality and quality systems. Your scope is companywide covering all customers and all quality systems.
We will rely on your expert knowledge, influential leadership skills, and adept communication skills to ensure customer satisfaction and holistic quality improvement. You’ll probably notice a theme of constant improvement, both of yourself and the processes around you. This means you will get the opportunity to make your mark, and truly make a powerful impact. We really want you to own this role and make it your own!
Customer & Systems Quality
Senior/executive leadership of all customer quality (CQ) activities including defining and executing on key CQ metrics. Strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing customer/systems quality strategy and operational goals to exceed customer expectations for cost of quality, optimizing production quality levels, and supporting operational excellence.
These activities include
- World class root cause (8D – Eight Discipline) analysis and customer responsiveness/retention
- Integrated quality systems implementation, oversight, & governance
- Create and implement best practice customer/system quality vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance
- Drive quality culture change and improvement in business performance to deliver to strategic goals
- Leading both the customer quality and quality systems organizations to deliver benchmark performance
BS or BA degree in engineering or comparable field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- 10+ years experience in quality
- Automotive quality experience strongly desired
- Solar experience preferred
- Experience in establishing quality policies, practices and processes to drive world-class quality performance
- Lean Six Sigma type certification desired
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to build out metrics and synthesize data
- Experience with leading and governing corporate ISO certifications
- Travel: Ability to accommodate up to ~25% travel (domestic and international) as required
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401(k) with a company match and much more