Location: Central USA (Austin preferred, will consider remote for right candidate)
Reports to: Quality Director
About FTC Solar Inc
FTC Solar is a fast growing, global provider of solar tracker systems, technology, software, and engineering services. We are as passionate about renewable energy as we are about our culture and values. We want to attract likeminded individuals who live and breathe Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Excellence. We’re humble enough to know that we don’t know everything, so we love bold ideas that disrupt the status quo. Basically, we don’t want you to just fall in line!
FTC Solar is committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity. For us, this is not just a set of words or metrics. It drives our culture, creativity, and future success. We support our employees and foster an environment where new ideas and perspectives are celebrated and encouraged. When our employees thrive, FTC Solar thrives. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
You will support the Quality Assurance team in ensuring Customer Satisfaction and enhancing the Customer Experience. You will experience working with utility scale solar trackers and Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contractors of power plants. You will also get the opportunity to train Customers to build the trackers and implement their requirements within FTCI Operations and Integrated Management System. You will be traveling 50% within the US, and potentially some international.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate quality assurance functions in accordance with Customer contract requirements and best practices
- Advocate for the Customer to other FTCI team members by ensuring requirements are being met by tracking open action items, due dates, follow-up, etc.
- Travel to Customer sites as needed to conduct training, audits and respond to requests
- Review, revise and proofread documents and records for completeness, technical accuracy, and grammatical errors. Assist authors with visual tools such as process flow diagrams, decision trees, etc. to better convey knowledge.
- Technical / Engineering degree – civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, or environmental engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5 years in QA/QC or related fields
- Expert knowledge 8D Problem Solving Method, other Quality Tools and Methods
- Desire to learn about renewable energies, particularly solar.
- Utility Scale Solar Industry experience
- Communication skills in a variety of formats – verbal, written, MS Office documents
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401(k) with a company match and much more