Senior Financial Analyst - R&D
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst – R&D
Location: Austin, Texas; Bay Area, California; India
Reports to: Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A
About FTC Solar Inc
We are a growing team of dedicated renewable energy professionals focused on delivering cost reductions to our clients worldwide across the solar project development and construction cycle. With over 1GW of US and 4GW of worldwide project installation experience, our differentiated offerings, led by our single axis tracker called Voyager, drive value for utility-scale solar EPCs, developers, and long-term asset owners.
Products and Services
- Single axis tracker (1.8 GW of installations worldwide)
- Development Engineering Services
- Pay for Performance Engineering Consulting
- Pay for Performance Lean Construction Implementation
- Solar Design Software
- Solar Portfolio Management Software
We are seeking a highly motivated professional with exceptional analytical skills to join us as a Senior Financial Analyst – R&D. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, experienced, and highly analytical individual. This individual will be the primary business partner supporting the R&D function, developing the framework for project level budgeting/tracking, resource planning, and rationalization of R&D investments.
Additionally, we are looking for someone who has deep understanding of the dynamics of complex projects, who understands the solar universe well, and who can strategize effectively to stay several steps ahead of likely problems. You will be part of a fast-paced, collaborative team bringing essential solar technology to projects both in the US and around the world. You have high attention to detail and demonstrate professionalism and integrity in the work that you do. You know the right questions to ask, get clarity, prioritize, and then execute design objectives, communicate cross functionally, and drive the team strategically so new editions of the tracker are delivered per commitments.
This position will require travel to engineering development centers and field/customer/construction sites.
The Senior Financial Analyst – R&D will perform wide range of duties including some or all the following:
- Provide day-to-day business partnering and financial support to the R&D organization
- Develop the processes, tools, and infrastructure for enabling project level budgeting, resource planning, portfolio planning, and driving the process for rationalizing the R&D investments within the framework of the annual operating plan and rolling 6 quarter forecast process
- Develop and maintain project-level budget tracking process to capture project expenditures and associated costs including R&D labs in Hyderabad, STAC in Chennai and machining and prototype expenses in India
- Prepare financial analysis supporting new product introductions (NPI) and capital investment decisions
- Represent finance in the NPI process, and partnering with cross functional teams such as Product Management, Engineering, etc.
- Evaluate the forecasting and reporting processes and identify opportunities to optimize performance
- Partner with functional leaders to develop the annual plan and ongoing forecast for departmental expenses and headcount, flux analysis and financial planning
- Coordinate regular business reviews, presenting financials overviews and communicating risks and opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- 5+ years of related FP&A experience, preferably supporting R&D
- Strong advanced planning and forecasting skills with attention to detail
- Prior experience working in solar/renewable industry (preferred)
- Experience with Netsuite or related systems (preferred)
- Advanced user skills in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Solid judgement with ability to make good business decisions at minimal direction
- Ability to work in fast pace and global start-up environment
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Other various voluntary insurance coverage options
- 401(k) with a company match and much more
If you are interested in this position, forward your resumes/cover letters to: