Senior Product Validation Engineer
- Job Title: Senior Product Validation Automation Engineer
- Location: India
- Reports to: Software Development Manager
- Date Posted: March 11, 2021
- Apply: Send Resume & Cover letter to
About FTC Solar Inc: We are a growing team of dedicated renewable energy professionals focused on delivering cost reductions to our clients worldwide across the solar project development and construction cycle. With over 1GW of US and 4GW of worldwide project installation experience, our differentiated offerings, led by our single axis tracker called Voyager, drive value for utility-scale solar EPCs, developers, and long-term asset owners.
Products and Services:
- Single axis tracker (1.8 GW of installations worldwide)
- Development Engineering Services
- Pay for Performance Engineering Consulting
- Pay for Performance Lean Construction Implementation
- Design Automation Software
- Portfolio Management Software
The Senior Product Validation Engineer will perform a range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Accountable for the Quality Automation planning and testing of the application for the assigned projects.
- Performs timely reporting of planning and testing efforts.
- Develop and maintain automated scripts for all product testing using Selenium WebDriver with Java implementation.
- Develop manual and automated test cases/scripts.
- Able to shift between Automation and Manual Testing tasks on need basis.
- With support for QA staff , writes and executes test cases for the projects assigned.
- Achieves and maintains excellent content knowledge of assigned products.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and on-demand execute automated regression tests.
- Identify and document issues found in modules and products during automated regression to assist with easy recreation.
- Communicate daily and weekly progress.
- Collaborates with management to continuously provide input to improve the QA process.
- Generates and reports to QA Manager all planning and testing task completion via the project management toolset for all assigned projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-6 years of experience with automated functional testing tools, preferably Selenium.
- Strong experience developing with programming languages ( Java, Python).
- Strong knowledge of HTML, XML, XPATH and CSS.
- Experience in developing Automation Frameworks from scratch.
- Experience using a Continuous Integration tool is preferred (preferably JENKINS)
- Experience in QA Methodologies – Agile preferred
- Experience in analysing requirements & create Test scenarios.
- Knowledge of Defect Management Process & Defect lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of defect tracking software (JIRA preferred).
- Working knowledge of database.
- Solar tracking application experience is advantageous.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Superb written and verbal communication
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Other various voluntary insurance coverage options
- 401(k) with a company match and much more