Senior Software Engineer - Embedded Linux Developer
- Job Title: Senior Software Engineer: Embedded Linux Developer
- Location: India
- Reports to: Software Development Manager
- Date Posted: March 13, 2021
- Apply: Send Resume & Cover letter to
About FTC Solar Inc: We are a growing team of dedicated renewable energy professionals focused on delivering cost reductions to our clients worldwide across the solar project development and construction cycle. With over 1GW of US and 4GW of worldwide project installation experience, our differentiated offerings, led by our single axis tracker called Voyager, drive value for utility-scale solar EPCs, developers, and long-term asset owners.
Products and Services:
- Single axis tracker (1.8 GW of installations worldwide)
- Development Engineering Services
- Pay for Performance Engineering Consulting
- Pay for Performance Lean Construction Implementation
- Design Automation Software
- Portfolio Management Software
- Knowledge of embedded Linux board bring up, device trees, and kernel development experience Understanding of hardware and schematics.
- Embedded systems developer using native Linux with experience building networking systems.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to groups. Define project scope, deliverables and team requirements and execute program plans with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead project teams and deliver results against milestones and deliverables.
- Demonstrated understanding of most new product development processes and workflow.
- Person who is adaptable, has good communication skill. Be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced agile team environment.
- Designer should have a problem-solving aptitude with a user centric mindset with attention to details.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development. Ability to gain a working knowledge across FTC Solar product lines.
- Guides team as the “expert” in embedded Linux and capable of leading a team formed around expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams.
The Embedded Linux Developer will perform a range of duties including the following:
- Develop firmware for the Linux embedded platforms capable of supporting defined system requirements.
- Produce firmware engineering design documents from product requirements specifications, and effectively communicate those designs to colleagues and managers.
- Develop test plans for firmware/hardware design-proof testing and feasibility studies regarding cost and schedule for specified firmware designs.
- Investigate modes of failure concerning legacy firmware.
- Provide technical support to Customers and work directly with them, and internal teams to identify customer requirements, establish design expectations, and agreed upon design, performance, and goals for projects.
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met.
- Coordinate activities to accomplish prototype and pilot production runs to mature the design to meet customer needs for finished products.
- Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing meeting customer requirements and established timelines.
- Write technical papers on significant findings or inventions that can be used as a sales training aid help promote new products or be published in technical journals.
- Maintain leading-edge technical proficiency and stay abreast of new trends and scientific developments in fields affecting the firmware and systems sciences.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks to document the creation and development of new inventions. Prepare invention disclosures, and work with corporate attorneys in researching, writing, and filing patent applications. Take any necessary steps to protect intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, software engineering, computer science or a closely related field.
- Knowledge of integrated circuit hardware fundamentals and microprocessor functionality.
- Knowledge of PC system architecture.
- Solid foundations in computer science – Operating Systems and Kernel, networking stacks, data structures, logical thinking, and algorithms, etc.,
- Demonstrable experience in solving problems in the areas of distributed systems at scale preferably at systems level.
- Experience in Linux Kernel, performance engineering, and networking stacks, etc.
- Experience in building an IoT Gateway solutions will be good to have.
- Experience working in the Kubernetes as a consumer or a provider (public or private clouds) is a plus.
- Programming languages – Python, C/C++.
- 8 or more years of experience.
- Experience with wireless technology, WiFi, LoRa, Bluetooth, microcontrollers, and security preferred.
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences.
- Analytical mind with a business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills.
FTC Solar offers competitive wages, growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Other various voluntary insurance coverage options
- 401(k) with a company match and much more